66% Loaded: Baby Update

Our baby and me are bumping right along and have hit the six month mark now!

My pregnancy app tells me that at 27 weeks Baby is roughly 2.3lbs in weight and 14 inches tall. 

Baby is extremely active and is now so strong that some of his/her stretches are so prominent that they hurt. I had been worried that (s)he was upside down because I have been feeling lots of movement very low down in my belly. Thankfully my latest ultrasound confirmed Baby is head down, which is the ideal position for them, but has their hands beside their head and that's the cause for the activity I'm feeling. 

I have a boy and girls name picked out but Will wants to sit on them a bit longer before we lock them in. And if we change our minds before then we've got a long list of names we could pull from for either gender that we do like. Naming a child is scary business. Giving a human a name that they will most likely have for their entire life. Such responsibility!

So far I have gained 16lbs which puts me just two pounds less than my gain at this stage with William. I am very cautiously comparing this pregnancy's growth and size against his as I am genuinely praying to deliver a baby a bit smaller than William. 

Due to the fact that I had Covid while pregnant there is all sorts of additional monitoring that is supposed to go on with results sent off to all sorts of higher ups. 

Additional ultrasounds to check on Baby's growth is one of those added measures and one that we've we agreed to have, provided the information is only sent to our midwife for review and not to the CDC which is what typically happens in cases like these. 

Obviously Will and I care immensely about the health and well being of our kiddo and for that reason we also don't want them being included in any funky data collecting. 

We've decided to take it all as it comes (a moto that we live by for so many things) and continue to pray for a safe delivery when the time is right. 

Will finds these profile photos of the baby's face to be extremely creepy. I think it's so cool to see all the different parts of Baby that we'll totally forget about once they're on the outside. At this ultrasound appointment I got to see the nasal bone, all the teeth, and even the eyeballs. You can see one eye in the socket on the top in this photo. 

So fascinating! 

Comments