Advent Paper Chain

 After setting up our Christmas decor Delilah asked me, "When will it be present Christmas time?"
I mentioned that I could show her on a calendar, but it was still twenty-some days away. 
Then she asked if we could make a calendar for Christmas (who told her about advent calendars?!?), just Delilah and Mom, for when William was sleeping. 
So I told her I'd come up with something and then scoured Pinterest for a non-materialist advent calendar that was also age appropriate for a three year-old. 

And what I came up with was a names of Jesus paper chain advent calendar. 
There are plenty of ideas online, most with Bible passages to go along with each day, but in the interest of keeping things simple I decided to only go over a name each day. 

I had a slight mishap with the paper cutter jamming and then needed to reprint a few strips, but asides from that this was a very easy craft for us to do

Delilah handed me the paper to tape into a chain, she very quickly caught onto the fact that we were making a pattern and dutifully passed me the alternating colours. 

And there we go! 

Delilah thought it was crazy that the chain was longer than she is tall

I love the look on her face here 😍

The idea is that each day she gets to break off a chain and then we will briefly talk about the name and what it means. It is a visual representation of how many more days until Christmas and keeps our focus on Christ. 

Comments

Post a Comment