🎵 Christmas Time Is Here 🎵

For the past 3-4 weeks Delilah has been noticing houses with their Christmas lights up and last week her Grandma and Grandpa decorated their house for Christmas. So a common question Will and I hear from her has been, "When will it be Christmas time at our house?" 
Well dear Delilah, your day came! 
She was so thrilled when I told her this afternoon that I got the Christmas decorations out of storage and we could start to decorate. 
Naturally William got all excited too, even though he didn't quite know what was going on. But if Dee is excited it must be something worth getting excited about. Right? 

They hurried to unpack the box and examine everything. A repeat phrase from me was, "No, we can't put that out this year because Shiloh/William will eat it." 😆

"Here William, let me show you how to do it." 

Seeing as this is Delilah's first year decorating for Christmas I'm curious how she knows what to do! Does Christmas decorating come instinctively for some people? 😆

And here they are decorating our mini Christmas tree. 

It sure is something else getting to see the joy that this time of year brings to little kids. 😄 On Wednesdays I teach a preschool class and today, being the first of December, a handful of the children were enthusiastically telling me (all at once, of course) that they were going to be decorating for Christmas tonight and what sort of decorations they had and if they had a real or a fake Christmas tree and what colour the lights on the outside of the their house were going to be and...and...and... 😀 So much fun! 

I am hoping that the novelty of the decorations will wear off soon for William.
The captivation is adorable. The catastrophic-nature of his curiosity not so much. 

It's not much but still gives a cozy feel to the room. 
I think I need to keep my eye out at the thrift store for a proportional sized star to top the tree. 

I got this canvas at a white elephant gift exchange several years ago

"Happy Christmas lights" as William calls them. 
A mix up between Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, but happiness is a good descriptive word for the season as well. 

Between William, my daycare kids, and Shiloh we shall see how long this garland and decorations last.... For now it's warm (much more yellow in real life. Looks kinda bright white/blue in this photo) and festive feeling. 

Comments