Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Season 3 Episode 51

Wednesday:
The Story Hour class I teach (and Delilah attends) did cookie decorating as a two-in-one craft and snack. 

Going into it us leaders knew the children would love the activity but were also anticipating it to be complete chaos. And we were right, on both levels. 😆 

Delilah's first Christmas concert. 
With a class of ten 3-4yros, having six of them standing nicely was more than we were expecting.  
For their second song, only four kids remained standing but they actually sang that song rather than it being mostly just the leaders.  

You really learn to pick your battles with this age group 😄

The mountains have been getting fresh snow each night and it looks so beautiful in the mornings

On Monday evening I stuck this sprig in a jar of water and when we came home on Wedsneday afternoon I noticed that 'someone' had chewed on 8/12 of the leaves. 
SHILOH! 

Thursday:
Delilah started it on Wednesday afternoon but she was feeling better by Thursday. William puked once but we're not sure if he was truly unwell, or just so happened to be gagging on the toy french fry he had in his mouth while trying to climb up onto our bed milliseconds before he puked. 😆 Could honestly have been either! 
Apart from my ribs feeling bruised for a few days after, it was only a 24hr flu for us, and so I'm very grateful for that. By Friday I was feeling 90% back to normal already. 

Dinner for us on Thursday night was Tim Hortons. Neither Will or I wanted to touch/prepare any food but everyone needed to eat and so we agreed on takeout. 

Friday: 
Delilah constructed these buildings using "So many of the blocks, almost all of them!" 

Friday evening we drove through William's Park to look at the Christmas lights display they have there. 

Saturday:
Will and I played a game together where we each had previously bought food items, keeping them a secret from the other person. Then one person closed their eyes and was fed one of the things and had to guess what they were. 
We had lots of fun with this and laughed so much. 
One of the things I served Will were pomegranate seeds which totally stumped him but his final guess was cherry flavoured corn. I've never thought of pomegranate seeds being the same shape as corn kernels, but when you can't see at all what you're eating I can totally see where he got that guess from. 

Monday:
Helping to make pudding for dessert. A very toddler friendly recipe! 

Tuesday:
Delilah loves standing behind me on a chair to do my hair while I do computer work. On Tuesday she played with my hair for well over a half hour. 

She called this a bun, but it looked a lot more like a dreadlock to me! 
Miraculously I was able to brush it out without much grief or broken hairs.

Comments

Post a Comment