Growing A Human For Eight Months

 
We've hit 8 months!

I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and am happy to report that Baby is looking all good. 

This past month has been our most eventful one pregnancy-wise as I got admitted to the hospital for bleeding. Thankfully it didn't last long and Baby looked to be all happy and healthy, but I did have to stay overnight for monitoring. 👎
I am so grateful that Will was able to come along with me for support and company. 


Aaaaand a view of all this machinery.

Will left in the afternoon to pickup our grocery order, bring clothes for the kiddos to my parents, and get dinner for us. While he was gone I got to go for an ultrasound. Basically the equivalent of a field trip after being monitored in a hospital bed for the last three and a half hours. 

The ultrasound tech I had was the same one who did my 41wk ultrasound with Little William and she was so much fun. She showed me Baby's heart which was amazing to see with all four of the chambers and the little valves flapping away. She also pointed out the kidneys, bladder, stomach, and where the umbilical chord comes out of the baby, then explained how to watch the exchange of blood between me and Baby. 
I find these later ultrasounds so fascinating to get to see all the systems and organs dutifully working! 

When I got back from the ultrasound a delicious (😶) plate of hospital dinner was waiting for me. I picked away at the meal a bit while waiting for Will to come back. He skimmed over the menu and asked me how it tasted. I answered that the peas were the best part and the turkey was decent with enough gravy. 
"Turkey? They say it's pork!" 
"Well it doesn't taste like it...."

Baby and I spent far too many hours hooked up to this guy. It was neat to watch Baby's heartrate rise and fall and to observe its heartrate in relation to its moving around inside me. 

Will and I got a copy of the ultrasound report and laughed together at the fact that our baby's abdomen and approximate weight were measuring in the 90th percentile, while the other measurements were in the 'normal' range. 

Apart from the middle-of-the-night wakings for monitoring, we had a quiet night and morning and got discharged around noon. 

The lady who took my blood the Monday I was admitted to hospital told me three times to relax my arm or I was going to bruise. 
She is for sure one of my top 2 most painful blood draws I've ever had. Which made it extremely difficult to relax. 
Friday was the first day it wasn't painful to move my arm and this photo was from Sunday. 
Also, I've never bruised before from having my blood taken (despite the first few times finding me in tears from nerves) so I'd like to argue it was the nurse, not the patient. 😝


Well, so, that's that story. 
A few other fun/random facts to note after completing my eighth month of human growing: 

-I can still roll over in bed by myself. At this point with Little William I needed Will to turn me over... 
-The OB who discharged me last week instructed me not to run. I laughed. 
-I am NOT waking in the middle of the night to pee! With both previous pregnancies I'd wake up a minimum of 1x. I think I might just be too tired. 
-My blood pressure is the highest it's been in any of my pregnancies. But at 100/60 it's no where near reason for concern. Just nice to not feel so lightheaded this time around. 
-I'm up 25lbs which finds me 5lbs less than when I was at this stage of pregnancy with Little William. Promising for a reasonable birth weight? ...I'm not too sure... 

Two weeks ago I came to the realization that one of the names we picked has an unfortunate set of initials. Upon realizing this, this was my train of thought: 
"Ugh ___ ___ Vanspronsen has the initials --V and that's not gonna work. Hmm... Well ___ (another middle name we had been tossing around) sounds just as good too so we can use that then. No problem! *Sigh* ___ (Original middle name) and ___ (Backup Middle name) both start with the same letter which leaves us back with the initials --V...."
🤦

Double check our kiddo's initials once they're born to see if we end up sticking with the funny set of initials or not. 😜

Comments