WWW: Grandma B, the Baptism, and a Playground

Wednesday:
While out early on Wednesday morning I spotted these two gas stations. Esso was 193.9 (or maybe 195.9 I can't quite remember or make it out from the photo) and Shell was 218.9! Such a crazy difference between the two. And there were even people getting gas at Shell still!!! 

We visited with Grandma B that morning so she could meet James, her fifth great-great-grandchild! 




Sneaky Auntie Madilyn got a second turn holding James before some people had even had their first. 
(There's often a take-a-number type system when it comes to getting baby snuggles when we visit)

I squatted down to help one of the kids with something and suddenly felt my knee get breezy. 
Unfortunately they were the only jeans I have that fit right now...

A little behind the scenes of our photoshoot. 
Will wisely filled his pockets with candies to bribe the kiddos with. The only downside was we had to pause a few times for them to empty their mouths. 😆

Thursday:
We were getting ready to head to a friends house on Thursday morning and William wanted to take a picture with me. 
Can't argue with that! 

Friday:
I took all three kids out to run errands for the first time. I'm learning to adjust my timeline when taking the kids out as it takes us roughly 5-10mins to load or unload ourselves and things. 
We all had snacks in the truck before heading into a store for our longest stop and all three were very reasonable the whole trip! 

Delilah and William were super eager to help me fill these eggs for William's birthday party

With William dropping his nap and James being born I have been getting a reduced amount of sleep. 
The saying sleep when the baby sleeps only works if you don't have a mischievous toddler who refuses to nap. 
Now I carefully plan my naps around when I can arrange childcare. 

Saturday:
3 weeks in and James now fits the sleeper I had bought for him to wear at the hospital. I wasn't expecting him to come so tinny! 😅

I was getting ready to head out with James on Saturday evening and while I was gathering my thigs together Delilah set this car up and was driving James around. 

Sunday:
I made this cake for James' baptism. 
The top layer began to crack once I stacked the two layers. Thankfully, cherry pie filling is very forgiving and hid the crack nicely. 

Our sweet James was baptized on March 27th by my old pastor from when we lived in Surrey. 
We had such a lovely time visiting with people afterwards that we hardly took any photos.

Monday:
Will swaddled all the kids

Tummy time before bed time

Tuesday:
Tuesday was Will's birthday and he got time off work for a funereal we had to attend, but we squeezed in some time for a picnic and park date. 

Will and I often comment/joke together about how having kids ages you, but also keeps you young. They mature you, but also being around children can bring out the most silly, immature behaviour.
The latter of those sure shines through when Will takes our kids to the park. 😆

Although it was sunny, it was very windy! I wrapped James up in William's blankie and he comfortably slept while his siblings played. 

Comments