Stained Glass Window

To commemorate Passion Week, the kids and I painted a stained glass cross in our living room window. 

The project starts off with freshly washed windows, which is one of my favourite things but they never last long in our house... 

Next I used my perfectly accurate (dripping with sarcasm) eye measurements to tape a cross on the window. 

Then we added some rays of glory. 

And finally the stained glass part. 

Once the window was ready we began to mix our paint. 
The 'recipe' I found on Pinterest was a squirt of paint, dash of water, and a few drips of dishsoap. 

I believe we lasted an entire minute before any paint was spilled. 😜

I tested it out by painting the rays

Shiloh wanted to check out what we crazy humans were up to

A kitten was here. 
I even found yellow prints on the windowsill after! 

Then it was the kids' turn to paint! 

A super fun craft for them. A high anxiety craft for me. 

I let them paint for a while before suggesting they watch a show and eat a snack while I paint the higher sections. 

And I did go over most sections with a second coat of paint to brighten the colours. 

The final product!

Comments

  1. I love it soooo much!!! I told the kiddos that I loved it and they were very proud that they did that with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment