Twenty-Four

Last week I was blessed with another birthday and turned twenty-four years old. 
Unfortunately the day did not go anywhere remotely close to how I had hoped it to be. But after having a pity party I decided to pull myself together and make the most of it. 

To lighten the mood the kids and I set up our little inflatable pool 

And we threw some balloons in because what's a birthday without balloons? 

Later that evening we went with Will to the waterpark near by. 


It was the first time for both of them being at a waterpark and they loved it! 

William was fearless. Standing under the dump buckets and continuously trying to drink the spraying water. 

Delilah approached the water a bit more timidly. She preferred to enter back first and to keep her face dry. 

It was so fun watching them experience it all and was a great way to cool off during the start of our first heatwave. 

By the end of our time at the waterpark William was feeling quite cold and so he sat on this rock to warm up. 

Then we went for icecream at a new parlor in our neighbourhood. 

Mint chocolate chip is my favourite! 
A delicious birthday treat. 😁

A blurry photo, but on our way home we went through a carwash because I enjoy those as a treat and the truck was rather dirty so it was not in vain! 

Got all three kiddos in their matching pjs at the same time! 

It's good for me to look back at these photos and see all the great, fun things that happened during the day. 
I cried a lot on my birthday. Which wasn't fun. At times I was very upset, felt like the day was completely ruined, and even let my mind wander into some deeply triggering memories. Will was extremely kind and kept encouraging me through all my disappointment and shifting of plans. 
Those are the things I remember from the day, so having pictures to show myself that it was a good day is helpful for reframing. Part of me didn't want to share about how frustrated I was during the day, but it seems untruthful to only share happy photos and skip out on the other half of the day. 

The kids had fun and we got to spend time together as a family, and those were the roots of what I wanted on my birthday. 
I feel very blessed by our sweet little family and am looking forward whatever this next year has in store for me as a wife and mom!  



Comments