Chicken-Sitting

 We were chicken-sitting over the long weekend for our neighbours. The kids and I really enjoyed the morning task of egg collecting. 

Delilah and William did such a great job at packing the eggs into cartons

And we only had one egg break which I would consider a very high success rate when a 3yro and 2yro are collecting eggs. 
I just did the math and in our three days of tending, 99% of the eggs successfully made it back to the house. Pretty good if I do say so myself! 

William was so adorable with how he talked to the chickens. 
"Hey chickens, can me borrow you eggs please?" 
"Hi chicken. Can I take this one?"

Such a snuggle buggle. 
James must have sensed his siblings egg-citement (haha, get it?) and refused to nap 2/3 of the mornings so he got to come along with us. 

Such a beautiful yard! 

Pausing for a quick swing before we head back home. 

I wish I had taken more videos, but I only ever thought to capture this one. 



Comments