Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Overwhelmed and Behind

Saturday:
I'm sure you've heard of dead-lifting before. Will occasionally likes to live-lift. 😆 The kids make great 40lb weights for bicep curls and for some reason he will do squats or pushups with me on his back. As someone who has just graduated to 5lb handweights, I think he's insane. But hey, I'm happy to help. 
Recently Will found out that he got an LEH for mountain goat this year which means in September he'll be heading out again on a long hunt. His reaction? "Quick, we'll have to train before you loose your baby weight!" 😂

Delilah and William spread out their blankets and set up a picnic. And they even wanted James to be involved with them too. Isn't that adorable? 

Check this out! 
Our sunflower, by some form of a miracle, came back to life! Remember I shared a photo at the end of this post? We came back after a week of camping to find it like this! 

Out for dinner with my family as a belated anniversary celebration

Poor James just needed to sleep but didn't want to

This munchkin hasn't been to a sit-down restaurant before. 

He also tried to get at his chocolate coin unsupervised. Poor guy was having a difficult time with it. 😆

Sunday:
Madilyn played a song for me on the piano that she made up. 

Sitting with his great-grandma B

Trying Auntie Madi's sunglasses

I spotted Jonah in the backyard with a black marker colouring his nose. Naturally. What else is a boy to do? 😂 As his sister I couldn't help put draw some whiskers on his cute little face to complete the look. 
Don't worry, we washed it off. But isn't he just adorable?!

Monday:
Morning snuggles 💛

Tuesday:
Safe to say I can no longer have James sit on my lap while eating. 
Shocking, adorable, and actually rather cooling in the midst of this heat wave. 
Delilah gasped, "Oh no! What can I do?! Should I get a cloth? I'll bring a cloth, just wait." While a cloth wasn't exactly the first thing I would have done I was so amazed at how she handled the situation and let her direct the clean up. 
James and I both hopped in the shower to rinse off our legs before I went back to finish my breakfast. 

Oh but he's so cute!

He just couldn't get enough of this watermelon and got very frustrated when I tried to take it away. 

~~~

We got back from camping last Friday, we're in the middle of a heatwave, and we're moving on Monday (more to come on that). I've broke down every day this week because I feel so overwhelmed. 
Our dishwasher is broken, I washed 8 loads of laundry after camping, and somehow we have to pack. I feel so behind. 
But we're managing. This is real life. 
Currently it's Thursday evening. This blog post is a day late and the dishes from yesterday are still sitting on the counter. 
This afternoon I put makeup on to make myself feel more awake and mixed up an iced coffee. We ordered sushi for dinner. It's 9:30pm now and has cooled down (if you can call it that) to 29℃ so now I'm going to head outside to prune some tomato plants. 

One thing at a time and none of it by my own strength! 


Comments