WWW: Green Garden and Smoky Skies

Wednesday:
On Sept 6 I started back up with providing in home child care. We've got some old friends and new friends too now coming over to our place to hang out. And I love it! 
I was talking with someone this weekend and I shared that I felt my best in a long time this first week back at it with daycare. Taking time off to properly welcome and adjust to having a third child was very important, but I missed having my daycare kiddos over. 

Thursday:
Have I mentioned before that this bean arch is my favourite thing ever? 😝 Maybe once or twice, hey? Haha 
But for real, I wish I could properly capture the gorgeousness of dozen of beans hanging through the cattle panel, just waiting to be picked.

I pick the beans up high and they get the beans down low. It's a pretty handy system! 

We've started introducing James to water. So far he is very content to mostly play with the bottle and soak his shirt. 

We did an hour of preschool together on Thursday afternoon. 
I do have a curriculum picked out but since our old laptop drowned I'm using Will's work one and it doesn't connect to our printer because the printer is too old and the laptop is too new. So we're improvising with schoolwork until we come up with another plan. 

Delilah surprised me with her number recognition! 

It's so fun to see James getting in on the play action too! 

Friday:
James' first time feeding himself banana. 
I love his eyebrows in this picture! 

And a happy smile! 

Delilah also wanted her picture taken

And William too! 

The kids were busy working away on something and Delilah insisted that they needed a pair of scissors to cut a plastic water bottle up. I declined her request and later found this attempt laying neglected on the floor. Such a creative child! 

Saturday:
A scene I photograph each time we are here - Aldergrove park! 
We were there on Saturday for our church's annual picnic. 

This was taken moments after James got from lying on his stomach to getting himself up into a sitting position! One second he was on this belly playing away and the next time I looked over he was sitting up all surprised with himself. 

I am already so sad to think that these two are going to grow up one day. I just hope they stay such close buds as the years go by. 

An evening's garden harvest. 
I read an article about garden burnout and boy oh boy do I feel that! While it is such a blessing to have so much food growing just outside our front door it sure has its exhaustive days.... 

Sunday:
Sunday morning selfies! 

Some light reading. 😄 He likes the pictures

There has been a wildfire burning in Hope and the smoke blew into the valley on the weekend. 

We spent Sunday with my parents and ended up going to Langley's church picnic. 

I thought it was so cute how James was perched here on his Grandpa's lap


Monday:
Painting with one of our new daycare friends

Polka dots are William's latest thing. 

Still some hazy skies on Monday but the air felt more breathable. 

Tuesday:
The doorstep never fails to be the preferred seat for snacking

Delilah was very excited on Tuesday evening to find another snail who is currently set up all cozy in a cardboard box with some strawberry leaves. 

Comments

Post a Comment