Blaauw Eco Forest

While Delilah was at her preschool co-op on Tuesday morning the boys and I went for a walk at Blaauw Eco Forest. James cried for just about the duration of our walk which made it difficult. I ended up carrying him in one arm and pushing the stroller with the other for a stretch of the journey. But in the peaceful moments we enjoyed listening to the birds. 

Special to come across a poem like this in the forest. 

I told William that his rock collection was maxed out at three rocks. The rest he'd have to carry on his own. 

This bog was discovered by and then named after one of my friend's sisters and her friend. Pretty neat!

This cute little fungi was covered in dew drops. 

William spotted this stump and just had to take a seat on it. 

4
Such pretty shades of orange

While I was taking pictures of the cute little mushrooms.... 

...William found a slug to say hi to

This tree was tiny enough that he could shake the dead leaves out of it

William was very intrigued by the little door at the base of this tree and thought I was quite the party pooper for not allowing him to go inside. 


And again, I found a neat looking mushroom

But William spotted a slug

He eventually sat down in the leaves next to the log so he could continue in conversation while I paused to nurse James. 

Such a quaint little patch of forest, especially with the fallen orange leaves. 


Comments