Much To Be Thankful For

Thanksgiving preparations began for us last Friday morning with the making of cranberry sauce. 
Delilah and William were very eager to help out and I am thankful for their willingness to help me in the kitchen. 

I sent this photo to a friend and we agreed that Thanksgiving dinners just might be my love language. 😆

We had grouse hunted by Will as the main meat dish on Friday for our own little family dinner. I say little, but as Will often reminds me: our family is larger than the average North American family! 
We are very aware of the blessing of children we have been gifted by God in His good plan. 

On Saturday we went to my parents' that evening and I got to go biking around the neighbourhood with Delilah. It's so amazing to see how she has suddenly gotten the hang of biking and to watch her zoom around. 

When I came back inside I found James had fallen asleep with Will. 

Can you tell he just had his fill of turkey dinner? I love that hand on his little potbelly 💛

Sunday did not go according to plan. We spent the day at home with sick kids and watched church online. We were glad to be able to still participate in worship from home but sadly we missed out on our church's Thanksgiving luncheon. 

Post lunch nap. 

That night we went to Will's parents' for dinner. We stayed late and both kids passed out on the couch next to Oma. I showed Delilah this photo once we got home later and she was certain she had stayed awake the whole time we were there!

Our plans for Monday changed as well and we ended up going to a park with my family. 

Younger siblings don't look too bad on Will, hey? It's sure been a learning curve for him, figuring out how to roll with the dynamic, but for the most part it's a really neat thing getting to see him have fun with them. He complains about feeling twice his age, but he sure knows how to act half of it. 😆

And this guy too. The biggest kid of them all. 😝

It is so special that Delilah's got a built in friend in her Uncle Ben. 
He sweetly held Delilah's hand for the first leg of our walk

As I am putting this post together now the above photo reminded me of this one I have of my uncles Kris and Mitch holding my hands while walking. 

Such a neat section of the path. 

The pond was a little gross, probably due to the lack of rain we've had the last few months, but looked nice from a distance, especially with the sun shining through. 

Uncle Matt joining William's world of wonder

Leftovers are such a great thing! Despite not having our originally planned dinner we still got a full turkey dinner that night. And one that was ready in just a matter of microwaved minutes! 


And that was the end of Thanksgiving 2022! 

Comments