Delilah's Fourth Birthday Celebrations

We began setting up for Delilah's birthday the day before as we worked out some of the details for the party she was having with her friends on Friday morning. Dee was very eager to use a letter board with her decorations and to put the letters on All. By. Herself. 

Before heading to bed the kids and I made this flower for a pin-the-butterfly-on-the-flower game. 

Opening her birthday card from Grandma Faber that came in the mail right on time

When she woke up on Friday morning this was our conversation:
Me: Happy Birthday!
D: Am I four now?
Me: Yes!
D: Hmm I don't think so...
Me: Why not?
D: I'm not taller yet. I don't think I'm four. 
Me: But you are
D: No, maybe it will be my birthday later today

Delilah has said for the last few months that she wanted a butterfly birthday party with green and orange. Green is her favourite colour and orange because that is William's favourite colour. How thoughtful! 

Over the course of our party planning she was very consistent with the butterflies and orange and green. Until about two weeks before when all of a sudden she decided she'd rather have a ninja turtle birthday. Where she got that idea from, I have no idea! But it was rather humorous to all of us, especially when she decided to settle for having a ninja party next year. 

So we stuck with the butterflies

Delilah had some of her friends over on Friday morning for a little party. We also had a daycare friend over that day and after the party the three kids had a blast playing with the balloons. They discovered that they could all sit in this little corner and cover themselves with balloons. So much fun! 

Our pin-the-butterfly game was a bit of a bust with our blindfold situation, but the kids who participated seemed to have a fun time regardless. 

Delilah made herself this necklace out of a piece of ribbon and some baby toys. She proudly wore it for the rest of the day. 

On Friday evening we had waffles for dinner and Delilah got to open her gifts from Will and I. 


One thing we got her was a critter catcher kit for her to keep her caterpillars, snails, and anything else she finds safely contained in there. 

Saturday afternoon was her party with family

James very easily fed off the kids' excitement 

They are all getting so big!! 

Those dried weeds on the table were picked by one of our daycare friends for Delilah who very quickly (and innocently I'm sure) gave them to me. I stuck them on the table as I thought they were a beautiful arrangement for a 3yro to have picked and now every time he's over he comments on them. ''Hey, I picked these for you(Delilah)!''

She wanted a butterfly cake with a pink body and yellow wings. 


Pink cupcakes with sprinkles were also requested and I used some of the butterfly wing yellow for these too. 




See her smile?!

Enjoying a quite minute off on her own to eat cake

Ally made these stickers for Delilah. Aren't they the neatest? 


During dinner on Saturday evening we asked Delilah what she thought about her birthday and parties. 
''This was my funnest birthday ever!''


Comments