Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Our Kids Like To Read Books

Wednesday:
We've had a cold/flu bug working its way through our house. Delilah wasn't feeling too great on Wednesday and took a nap while James was also napping which gave me and William an opportunity to bake together. Just the two of us! Not something that happens very often. 

After a very special morning with William, Delilah and I painted each other's nails, and then I decided to cut both of the kids hair. 
William was up first and it went by without a hitch. Then I cut Delilah's hair, which also went pretty well. While I was cutting Dee's hair I kept peeking out of the bathroom to check what William was up to and he was just playing nicely on his own. Delilah's cut finished and she was helping me clean up the cut hair when I went to check on William and found him hiding behind the couch with THREE open bottles of nailpolish! My fault for leaving them out, but still... 

The bookshelf, the stuffed animals, his clothes, hands, and feet were all painted.

Oh my sweet boy... 

A daddy and his daughter 💛
These two have extra special room in their hearts for each other. 

Thursday:
We visited with Ben and Esther on Thursday evening and naturally they got roped into reading the kids stories. 

Friday:
Delilah was studiously 'reading' books to the kids on Friday. It is also so adorable to hear her renditions of the books that she is familiar with. 

Sunday:
We also got sick with a nasty cold/flu that's going around. We had dinner at my parents' on Sunday evening since they were all sick as well. James sat with Matt at dinner so Will and I could eat and he looked so sad and sick. He was so close to falling asleep as well. Poor kiddo. 

Monday:
James isn't a very cuddly baby, so when he is in a snugly sort of mood I try to soak it all in. 

SOMEONE spilled a box of cheerios on the kitchen floor. Any guesses who? I'll give you a hint, it's the same kiddo who was trying to get this bottle of vinegar open! 😆

This sorta scene makes my heart so happy! 

Delilah talked Will into doing her hair Monday evening. She was thrilled!  She had a vision and according to her, he carried it out perfectly. 

Tuesday:
We had a package of tissue boxes that needed to get opened so I set the kids to work with it. They were busy with it on and off again for the whole morning! It was fabulous busy-work for them and gave them so much purpose and teamwork practice. 

Comments