WWW: Windstorm, Snow, And Still Picking Tomatoes?

Thursday:
Good morning! 

We were baking cupcakes for Delilah's birthday party and Delilah asked me if she could crack the eggs but I insisted that I should do it so we didn't lose any eggshells in the batter. Well, there I went, losing an eggshell in the batter... 
I slowly spooned around for it but after a while decided to just go on and hope that none of our party guests the next day got the cupcake with the eggshell... AND THEN as I scooped out batter for THE LAST cupcake, THERE IT WAS! Pesky thing! 

We had a bit of a freak accident happen on Thursday evening. I had put the kids pjs on the floor in the living room before getting them ready for bed. They got changed and I passed them a bedtime snack. All of a sudden Delilah yelped and said, ''I think I have a sliver!'' as she pulled on her pj pants. I rushed over and tried to calm her as I took her pants off to see what was going on. Her poor thigh was all red with a big bite mark! I flipped her pants inside out, and out flew a wasp! 
We immediately went to the bathroom and got her a cold cloth and some benadryl. Delilah seemed to be doing fine by this point, even though we discovered she had three bites on her thigh! 
William was very concerned for his sister, it was so heartwarming to see. He stood next to her and rubbed her leg and kept reassuring her that he would make sure no more wasps got to her. 

I set Delilah up in our bed with some frozen beans and was going to go put William to bed but he insisted on sleeping next to Delilah to keep her safe. It was so sweet. 
And Delilah's leg? 
Already lost the redness within an hour and by the next morning you could hardly see the bite marks any more. 

Friday:
William's sweetness didn't carry overnight though, as his sweet-tooth got the better of him and he came into my room before 7am on Friday morning with a sheepish grin and cupcake all over his face... 


Saturday:
We had quite a windstorm overnight on Friday/Saturday

I cleaned this gutter out the day before, can you tell? 

I recruited some cheap labour to help with the clean up

Delilah couldn't be convinced, she was too busy caterpillar hunting with her new equipment to bother with leaves. And she did find a caterpillar too! 

Much better! 

This cloud caught my eye

I've been told a pre-party post-nap wake up must include balloons

After her party Delilah just couldn't get enough of reading her books

Sunday:
Nadia and Madilyn drew pictures on some of the balloons. This green butterfly one quickly became Delilah's favourite. 

I thought Mozzy looked very proper sitting on this pillow

Grandma and Grandpa Vanspronsen were visiting and gave Delilah a present on Sunday. 

A belated celebration of Ethan's birthday on Sunday evening. 

Monday:
Working on a butterfly craft she got as a birthday present. 

Trying to decide if it's too cold to go outside or not.

We had been trying for three weeks to get James to drink from a bottle with no success. On Monday at dinner I gave him one of these juice boxes with a straw and he downed the milk in no time! He looked so proud and old holding his own cup too. 


Tuesday:
Still bringing in a haul from our garden. I'm really curious to see how much longer the greenhouse can keep growing and going. 

James pulled apart our humidifier and completely decimated the filter and even managed to eat some of it! What a guy.... 

Comments

  1. I usually crack the eggs individually into a measuring cup and then add them into the mixing bowl- saves the risk of losing a piece of shell!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment