Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Last of 2022 and Beginning of 2023

Wednesday:
I love that Delilah dresses herself and gets to express herself through her clothing choices. Honestly I do. Though we have had a few conversations about matching colours and patterns together. She was so excited to wear this shirt that she got for Christmas and naturally wanted to pair it with one of her favourite pairs of jeans. She was so sincere in asking for my approval of her outfit that I just couldn't tell her that dots and stripes don't typically work together. 

I think the polkdot headband kinda brought the whole outfit full circle

Also very excited to use her new bike basket

This was the first sunny day after several rainy ones so the kids were just itching to get outside. Lots of puddles to play with too! 

This little dude loves the bath, especially to play with the faucet while it's filling. Though sometimes he pulls the tab thingy for the shower to turn on and that scares him!

Thursday:
On Thursday we needed to go to the store for a few things and it was my plan to walk there in the morning. When I woke up I checked the weather and it said 90% chance of rain beginning at 10am and rain for the rest of the day. We needed an hour for the whole trip and I figured if we could leave by 9:30 at the latest we might be able to beat it. While, by 9:30 we weren't quite ready to leave yet so I called the whole thing off and thought I'd just ask Will to pick those things up on his way home from work. I put James down for his nap and he slept until 11. It still wasn't raining at 11 so we changed gears yet again and frantically packed up to go right then. We left the driveway at 11:35, got to the store at 12, and when we got out at 12:10 it was juuust starting to spit rain. We got home at 12:30, I brought the kids upstairs, brought the groceries up, then went to put away the stroller and as I was packing it up it began to pour! We were spared the rain!

And if you noticed that the trip home is much shorter than the trip there that would be correct. There's a slight hill on the way there and all three kids have a combined weight of 110lbs! 


We were at my parents' on Thursday evening for a Christmas get together with my mom's family. 

Friday:
We had Madilyn, Ben, and Jonah over on Friday morning and enjoyed a game of cards together. 

Talking to his llama friend


Delilah went home with Grandma that afternoon and these boys played together so sweetly. It's always neat to see how the dynamics change when one kiddo is gone. 

During James' nap I asked William what he wanted to do, just the two of us, and he wanted to go out to play in the rain. So out we went! 


That evening we went to the Vanspronsens' for our Christmas party there. 

Ally set up this neat game where you had to roll a tube of wrapping paper across the table to win a prize

Saturday:
On Saturday my friend Deanna came over for our annual exchange of Christmas cookies and cards over a visit. 

Will was setting up some gear for duck hunting and William always adores the duck decoys when they come out of storage. He took some in the bath with him and later was showering them with kisses. What a guy

Testing out a blind that Will was constructing

Saturday was New Years Eve. We had no plans and since I'm the only one in our house who likes oliebollen, I enjoyed a little snack of it all to myself. 

For the official turn of the calendar I was at the church cleaning.  

Sunday:
Sunday naps have always been these two's speciality

We had a bit of a belated celebration of Ben's 7th birthday


These three cuddled up on the couch watching Tom and Jerry together. 

Monday:

This video is of James playing with Will's duck call

Tuesday:
We had two daycare kiddos over on Tuesday and we all headed outside to play. It was so cold and windy that we didn't last very long, but they at least burned some energy running around.

Someone was looking eager for dinner. 😜


Comments

  1. LOVE that shot of James in the tub :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment