Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Season 5, Episode 4

I try very hard to get these Weekly Wednesday posts out on Wednesdays. So much so that I typically start working on them on Mondays and Tuesdays. But getting them finalised to be posted on Wednesday has really been a struggle lately. I'm hoping that me saying I'm lacking in the consistency department will help hold me accountable. We'll see...

Thursday:
Delilah spotted these mushrooms while we were playing outside on Thursday morning and she wanted me to take a picture of them. 

I had an appointment that evening and came home to find that Will had Delilah and William set up with washing the floors! 

And all on his own James had grabbed a towel and was trying to copy the big kids. 

William felt very purposeful to sit next to Will while trying to decipher a wiring diagram for this winch. 

Saturday:
While I was making dinner on Saturday James went to work cleaning the floors again. 

I love how William can sit and look at books. Sometimes he reads his own made-up words out loud, and sometimes he silently takes it all in as he turns the pages. 

Last week was a very trying one with William. I got pretty frustrated with him. I felt sad and lost as to how to help him. 
We're doing better now but it's been a good reminder to make note of his good qualities, especially on the days when it feels like he's all trouble. 

Monday:
It was Will's idea to teach the kids how water turns to ice. Gave us a great opportunity to talk about solids and liquids. 
They also spent 10mins watching their ice melt when it first came out of the freezer, so it also provided good entertainment for them. 

Rainy days call for exercise videos to keep the kids active indoors. 


William saw a need for peeled potatoes and took the task upon himself while I was nursing James in the other room. 

We had Madilyn over for a sleepover on Monday night and I was spoiled to get my hair done by her on both Monday and Tuesday! 

Tuesday:
James was very agreeable to be wheeled around in the dump truck. 

Comments

  1. Madilyn should be a hairdresser :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment