Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Season 5, Episode 13

I told Will of my computer issues and within seconds he had solved everything. After me trying over two days to figure it out. Such a handy guy he is. 
I've combined a post I was going do about a walk we went on in with my Weekly Wednesday Wupdate so that those post both get out to you quickly. Hopefully tomorrow I can get Will and William's birthdays posted. 
Thanks for putting up with my technological challenges. 😛

Wednesday:
We went for a walk with my family on Wednesday afternoon to Surrey Bend Park

Brought the jogging stroller because it's better on trails, so we had to double up the boys which James first protested but then thought it was fun to have his brother so close. 

Jonah walking with his hands in his pockets 😍


We're grateful for aunties who are so involved with the kids

A serene photo, almost makes you forget the shenanigans that ensues twenty feet behind. 

William fell asleep on our drive home from the walk, and as a result he was still awake at 9pm when I was making his birthday cupcakes for the next day and got to help me. 

I waited until William was sleeping to decorate. Then I had Mozzy helping with that

Friday:
Playing with William's new birthday toys. 
I'll have his birthday post up soon - hopefully! 

I broke all the rules on Friday morning, acted on an impulse, and took off the cover of our mattress. And by that I don't mean a mattress protector kind of cover. I mean the fabric part of the mattress that covers the foam and springs. Yeah, that cover. That has a label that says DO NOT REMOVE, DO NOT WASH, DO NOT DRY CLEAN, DO NOT BLEACH. And I decided to do that. Well, remove and wash that is. 
It took me a little over thirty minutes to wrestle the thing off and I had to trample it in the bath tub to wash it as it wouldn't fit in our machine. 
But it was so worth it. 
Look at how gross that water is!!! 

We've kept a mattress protector on it since we bought the mattress. And I've followed the mattress manual's cleaning directions of vacuuming and deodorising with baking soda. 
But this is 6 years of dust and who knows what else. 
And now it's gone! 

Such a satisfying film of grit left in the bottom of the tub after I drained that first round of water. 

I must mention, I still haven't yet wrestled the cover back on, so here's hoping it will go back on. After taking thirty minutes to get off, I'm assuming it's going to be at least an hour's ordeal to get back on. I shall update you. 

On the homeschool front, Delilah read her first book on Friday. 

She was pretty thrilled, and we are too!!!

Playing with patterns

And just playing. 

We visited with Esther and Ben on Friday night and checked out their neighbourhood playground. 

Sunday:
I stayed home from church with Delilah on Sunday as she wasn't feeling 100%. She insisted on holding a Bible as the minister read. 

Monday:
Delilah put on a 'Pretty Dance' for me

I enjoyed a leftover slice of cake as an afternoon snack on Monday and left the container on my night side table. James quickly found it and kept himself very busy getting the last bit of icing out. 

We've entered week two of Spring Break, ie; no daycare friends coming over, so I took the kids to the playground after lunch to keep us entertained

James loves the swing and slide at the playground, but his favourite has to be when Delilah pushes him in the swing. He finds that extra fun. 

I hope his eyes stay this blue 💙

Comments

  1. Not much chance they (his eyes) will change at this point :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment