Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: A Big Scare And Big Excitement

Some forgotten photos that should have been included in the previous post: 
Very rarely is James cuddly with me outside of his naptime so I was pretty thrilled to get some snuggles from him on Monday morning while toting him around outside during some chores. 

And then on Tuesday night this happened: 

Don't worry, it was replaced very quickly. I just thought the caution sign added a small level of humour to the situation. 

Wednesday:
It's that time of year where if it's not bath night then the kids need to wash their feet before bed because they get so dusty and dirty from running outside barefoot. 
I thought it was cute how James was trying to get in on the action even though he was already ready for bed. 

I was walking back from the garden and spotted Mozzy perched in the gutter. 

Thursday:
We got to borrow this keyboard from Will's parents and the kids are enjoying plunking away on it. 

James is fascinated with our kitchen garbage can. Both pulling garbage out of it and helping to put a new bag in. 


I was at our playground with the kids on Thursday afternoon and noticed that this branch that I was fond of sitting on while outside at the playground snapped off in the last wind storm we had. 

Friday:
James has been working on feeding himself with utensils and while it's a work in process he's tickled pink with himself about it

There were no small bags or singular bulbs of garlic in stock at Superstore this week so I wound up bringing home the 1kg bag of bulbs. The kids helped me to peel them all, then I threw them through our food grinder and put the garlic paste into the freezer. 
Hugs for little man from Dad

And bedtime snuggles from Mom

A very emotional end to an otherwise very fun day. 
William and Delilah were pretty traumatised by it for the remainder of the weekend and they both seem to be doing better now but still bring it up every now and again. All that pops into my head is a replay of myself screaming, "NOOOO!" It didn't sound like me. I don't think I've heard myself cry out like that before and it's eerie to think back on. 
Last that night Delilah asked me a question about the event and I told her I couldn't remember. "But Mom," she sighed annoyedly, "It just happened." 
I tried to explain to her that sometimes when people are so afraid they forget things. A difficult concept for a 4yro to understand. 

Saturday:
Uncle Matt let Delilah help him drive his truck onto the driveway

Tuesday:
Delilah's preschool co-op has come to a close. We went to Aldergrove Park to play and do a scavenger hunt. This is their class photo.
 With younger siblings and extras along I counted thirteen kiddos running around. So much fun! 

A peek into Will's work- a cupboard within a firetruck that is one of a fleet they've made for the city of Vancouver. 
 On Monday Will started his new position as lead in the wrap up department of the shop. He was very nervous and excited going into this as it's not something he's ever done before. I was probably the most excited for him that I've ever been about any of his work endeavours and so thrilled that his supervisor thought he'd be a good fit for this role. 
 It's been mentally exhausting for him as this role comes with lots of people/project managing and paper work and very little fabricating (or 'real work' as he calls it 😛). He's commented throughout the week how much his brain hurts from all the thinking and planning and problem solving he's been doing. BUT despite all that, his higher-ups and the employees he's got underneath him all continually have commented on how well he is managing the flow of trucks and getting things done. 
I'm very proud of him 😁 and the kids think it's epic that he's working on firetrucks. 

Comments