Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: A Week Behind...

June 7- 14

Wednesday:
This is what happens when James wakes up before me... Thankfully I was able to bend the arm back into place, it's a little wobbly but still works. These have been the most bendable glasses frames I have ever owned. They have taken quite a beating from our two boys but I've always managed to get them back into place. 

I made the mistake of telling the kids three weeks before our zoo trip that we would be going. So we made a countdown calendar to avoid the daily question of, "Are we going to the zoo today?"
Each morning they were very eager to cross off the animal for the day and count how many more days until we do go. 

James climbing on the tables keeps me on my toes and is often frustrating and sometimes scary. But this morning I caught him up there reading the Bible, who can be mad about that? 

Our sweet neighbour brought us a homemade strawberry rhubarb pie. It was delicious! 

Thursday:
Delilah wanted to be a robot, so we cut some holes in a box and she was a robot for a while. 

Working on some math

James is always so kind to bring me green strawberries that he picks. Often they have bites taken out of them and often if he left them just one day longer they would have been ripe....

Friday:
On Friday evening Will lay James in a blanket and swung him around

This was Delilah and William's reactions to James' fun. 

Sunday:
Creating a quiet little moment

Monday:
On Monday morning we found a damselfly on the floor in the kitchen. I don't know if Mozzy got to him, but he looked pretty dead, until I picked him up to put him in the garbage, then he started fluttering his wings. So I placed him outside on a plant. 

We finally cracked open that huge egg we got from our neighbours that we suspected was a double yolk- and we were right! The kids were so excited as they have never seen anything like it before. 

Will was resting on the couch after he came home from work and James came and lay his head on him for a little snuggle. 

Tuesday:
What happens when mom's putting laundry away in the other room? I was told that a full body of diaper cream sounded like a good idea at the time... 😆



Comments