Plum Picking

Our landlord was gone on holidays right at the peak of his purple plum trees being ripe. Instead of them spoiling while they were gone he asked us to pick the trees clean and pass them out to our neighbours and family.  So on Saturday morning before it got too hot the kids and I headed out to the orchard to start our task. 






In no time we filled a pale with plums

Then on Monday morning we set out again, thankfully it was much cooler this day, and we planned to pick more than a pale's worth



Eating all the plums he could get his hands on and get away with


Our pickings from our morning's adventure

Finally, that afternoon some of my siblings came over and with the help of a neighbour friend and Will's mom the trees were just about empty by the time we were finished with them. I put James in the stroller for this trip, much to his disappointment, but it was one less plum-eating-trouble-maker for me to have to keep my eyes on. 

Comments