Weekly Wednesday Wupdate: Spaceship Potato

Wednesday:
 
This is often what our school time looks like with the two boys on the table, wanting to be involved or at least as close as they can be

The kids made chairs out of pillows to read their books on. I guess the couches weren't comfy enough?

Friday:

Saturday:
While James napped on Saturday afternoon Delilah and William got to work colouring and fashioning a boat out of several cardboard boxes

Thankfully I caught it soon enough that I was able to still add it into the crockpot before it was too late. 

Sunday:
Putting on a puppet show with Aunti Madi

One article I read about post-miscarriage depression and anxiety said that "There is an appropriate sadness and anxiety that exists..." Appropriate sadness. That felt more compassionate that the normal "It's okay to be sad," phrase we've been using. Not only is it okay, acceptable, fine, but it is proper and fitting to be sad.
My anxiety levels are currently considered 'borderline abnormal' which has come down from the mid-low end of abnormal. And I'm sleeping better these nights which is a positive thing all around. 
This past month I've been grateful to feel improvement in my journey through grief. There have been less tears, less nightmares, less icecream required. Less downs. They are still there and still hurt, but it's getting better. 

Monday:
The rainy days we've been having has forced us to get more creative inside with ways to entertain ourselves. On Monday afternoon the kids and I made a hopscotch course with our tile flooring. We had three levels going. Delilah would hop on each square, William would stomp, and James just ran straight through. 

Tuesday:
We had a woodpecker on our patio on Tuesday morning which gave us all, Mozzy included, some entertainment during our breakfast. 


I found this funky looking potato in the garden. Looks like a spaceship or something to me! 

Comments