Memory Box

This is not the type of memory box I had envisioned for our fourth child. 🌹

In some ways it's similar to the other three. Filled with an ultrasound, their first hat, cards, and other keepsakes. Except it's not the same.
The ultrasound shows a picture of our deceased babe, the hat has never been worn, the cards are all titled 'With Sympathy', and the keepsakes are bittersweet reminders of a child we never got to know. And at this point it feels like there's nothing else to add anymore.

It's been four months now without a baby in my belly and I have truly learned to rest in God's perfect peace in a way that is outside of my understanding. Because from the outside it shouldn't make sense to be content with how things are going, but I am. I have been reminded that I can make all the plans I want but I am not the one writing my story, the Lord is. And what a blessing that is because He's got a much better plan!

Comments

Post a Comment