WWW: Cinnamon Buns and Black Forest Cake

Wednesday:
We got fresh eggs from our neighbours. So delicious! We'd love to have our own chickens some day, but for now are very thankful to have these lovely chicken nuggets just next door. 

The kids have been taking turns 'driving' up our driveway when they're with Will. This was James' first time giving it a go. He was so excited to get a turn though he does have a lot more practising to do... 

Thursday:
Delilah loved this colour scavenger hunt. She was so cheeky about using that recycling truck as her item for green, white, orange, red, and black. 

Delilah and William making the most of the other kiddos napping to do some of their favourite 'big kid' activities. 

I had a burst of energy on Thursday night and decided to bake cinnamon buns but couldn't find my usual recipe so I used a new one which I was veeery skeptical about the dough rising. 

But it did rise! 

And of course I didn't get a final photo of them baked at the end, but we all agreed these were the best cinnamon buns I have ever baked. So fluffy and yummy! 


Friday:
Good old fashioned jug and rope to make a pulley for transporting wood from the ground back up to the patio. 

Saturday:
It was after what was supposed to be a cute photo of the boys that I realised James was looking very pleased with himself for putting a heaping serving of chips on his plate. 

We had a Bredenhof birthday bash for the 9 birthdays we have in February and March and I got to bring along a black forest cake. 
This is the recipe I used, again a new recipe which turned out delicious! 

Sunday:
James got an early birthday present on Sunday - look at his expression! 

And it was Peter's birthday also. He turned 17, got his N and bought a Jeep! 

Monday:
Around 2:40am on Monday morning Will and I woke to the sound of hail! And by morning there was still a bunch of it on the patio which provided a lot of entertainment for the kids until the heat of the sun melted it. 


Since the fall I've been doing a weekly Bible verse swap with some other ladies from church. It's been special to be able to pick out verses for different women, and I've been blessed richly being on the receiving end of it as well. 


Comments