WWW: August 21- 28

I realised that in my previous weekly update post I had the days all mixed up, so most of the photos here you've probably seen already but I've got the dates sorted out now. I'm also including the extra day before Clara was born because after that it's mostly all Clara photos 😀

Wednesday:
Another storm on Wednesday kept us inside for an hour or so. The kids kept busy with paper and glitter glue. The poor table cloth still has glitter on it as I write this two weeks later. 

Thursday:
Helping Dad now also includes a constant string of narrating/questioning everything he does. 
"You get that pipe, Dad?"
"Need tape, Dad?"
"Screw driver goes in there?"

Friday:
Although we missed out on our own garden this year we were able to find a neighbour with a bountiful zucchini harvest to share. 
And while I don't normally peel zucchini before eating, William offered to do it to help me, so I figured why not.

40wks pregnant and little motivation for cooking so we had a pizza dinner outside to keep things easy (and eating outside keeps the house cleaner too!)

Sunday:
Chicken sitting again for our friends

Monday:
William put his arm around James as they were sitting together on the couch and asked me to take a picture of them

Tuesday:
The kids watched a show on Tuesday afternoon while I napped and James fell asleep. He dropped his nap a few weeks ago and I guess it caught up to him this afternoon. Delilah and William both thought it was so precious. 

We had a lot of rain fall on Monday night/ Tuesday morning and the kids thought it was so exciting that we had "a pond in our backyard!!!!"
This picture was taken in the afternoon when the water had already gone down quite a lot. In the morning you couldn't see those tufts of grass, it was all water. 
And try as I might, I couldn't keep the kids out of the water... 

Wednesday:
Wednesday was a beautiful sunny day after the rainy Tuesday and we went to the bike park in the morning. The kids spent some time biking but then moved on to using the skatepark ramps as slides. 

Lots of fun to do this over and over and over again! 

In high school Carol and I came up with a plan to have a dolphin farm when we were older. Unfortunately that has not yet been able to come to fruition, but with the poorly draining yard and the boys using the puddles as a swimming pool, I do think we are the closest we've ever been to our dolphin farming dreams. 


Comments