Purging - Pt 4

I mentioned to Will this morning how I can't believe it's Thursday already and he just replied with a quiet, disbelieving, "No way..."
But yes way.
It's Thursday already.
And as per usual, I have no idea how time got away on me this quickly!

I've decided that designating a whole day to cleaning and purging just isn't realistic for my current schedule at this stage in the game. So since Friday I've been slowly working away at the things that are listed today.
Maybe I'll keep pacing myself, or maybe I'll just get it all done in a day. Who knows!

And a quick note to follow up to my post from last week; I did get to the thrift store on Friday (the day after my post)! We can once again seat five people in our car!
This week I ended up recycling, throwing away, and passing along most of the items I'll tell you about so I won't be needing to make a donation drop off this week.

3 Areas I Purged This Week:

1. Pillows
In the 2-and-a-bit years we've been married, we have added and upgraded, demoted and forgotten about too many pillows. But we've never thrown any away!
The were throw pillows that have been sitting in the corner under our coffee table since we moved. There were sleeping pillows (what do you call pillows you sleep on?) that have been chilling out on the top shelves of our closets. And I found a box, still sealed from our move, that had three more pillows in it! All unused and useless to us. Most yellow with sweat and drool stains. Ew!
What All Went: Four throw pillows, five bed pillows, and one decorative pillow

2. Desk
We have a wonderfully large desk that fits just about everything on it! Which is the reason I both love and hate it. Because there's so much space it is sooo easy to drop and dump item after item onto the desk and not think twice about it because there's still enough desk space to do office work.
I'm so glad I finally took sometime to rearrange and reorganize all of the binders, folders, loose papers, and everything else that has found a home here.
In addition to the list below, there were a ton of other items (screw drivers, sewing supplies, fishing gear, you name it!) that got put back in their proper spots too.
This poor desk probably lost 100lbs... 😮
What All Went: Random papers, not so random papers, junk mail, old calendars, 74 6'x9' envelopes (???), unneeded notebooks, blank Christmas cards, all of the insurance papers of every single vehicle Will has ever owned (and that's a lot!), dead batteries, magnets, hard erasers

3. Living Room Bookshelf
Similar to our desk, this bookshelf corner has been holding onto a lot of things that it shouldn't be. Birdseed, CDs, birthday decorations, and an extra steering wheel are just a few of the things I put back where they belong. And there were a few borrowed books that I returned.
It's a bit tricky to see in the before picture, but there's a box full of books on the floor behind the fan that I worked through too!
I didn't get rid of as many books as I thought I would, but I know that I have two boxes in storage of books that I'll need to go through another day sometime...
What All Went: A devotional I disagreed with, a children's story Bible we disagreed with, a marriage book we had two copies of, some historical books, old notebooks


Comments

  1. The bookshelf looks great!! I love the pink flowers on the top:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink flowers are temporary (I need those ones to finish Delilah's crib mobile! :P), I'm hoping to find something a little taller.

      Delete

Post a Comment