Purging - Pt 3

Ta Da!
Here we go on episode three of my purging journey.
I definitely feel like I'm on a cleaning high - and I don't think that's a bad thing!

On Friday last week I loaded our car up with all the things I had collected that week which needed to be donated. But with all the snow we got that day I decided to play it safe and not do all of my errands. So now the car is even more full and I am really hoping that my schedule and the road conditions will allow me to get to the thrift store in the next few days!

3 Areas That Got Purged This Week:

1. Christmas Things!
To be honest, I'm not even sure where our box of Christmas decorations is... πŸ€”It got put somewhere when we moved, and I'm sure it'll come up again when we move next. The Christmas items that I donated this week are things that we acquired over this Christmas seasib, and I *almost* let them stay in our house, but then remembered that I don't need to keep them! Close call!
What All Went: Baskets that we got with gift baskets, decorative jars/containers, gift boxes, blank Christmas cards

2. Front Closet
We have very few storage spaces in our house, so our front closet has become a wonderful catch-all for all things that need a place to fall. Games, lint rollers, sleeping bags, party decorations, exterior patio lights, paper towels, my purse, candles, etc...
And did you know I've been holding on to not one, not two, but THREE garbage cans?!?!?! Oh yeah. For some reason we had a lot of garbage cans in our old house (I guess we did have another bathroom) and when we moved here and didn't need those they got demoted to the bottom shelf of our closet.
Ironically, I also found a box in the back of one of the shelves that is my old donation box. I would put things in there as they slowly accumulated with the good intention of bringing them over to the thrift store. That box is out in the car now, ready to leave my ownership the second I pull into the thrift store parking lot. 😊
What All Went: Three garbage cans, the contents of my lovely donation box, winter hats and mitts, some candles, broken party decor, and I had a soup bowl in a box for some reason - that's gone now too!

3. Kitchen Drawers (again)
Round two of my utensil drawer cleaning brought out even more unused items. And ANOTHER WOODEN SPOON!
Now I'm able to fit our pot holders and oven mitts in the drawer too! They used to sit on the counter but not any more!
What All Went: Melon baller (Will told me when I got it that it was pointless. He was right...), small grater, another one of my veggie peelers (apparently I actually had five...), a handful of miss-matching teaspoons and dessert forks


Comments