Purging - Pt 5

It's cliche sounding, I know, but I can't believe we're halfway through February already!
Last night Will and I were talking about how quickly these last few weeks have flown by, and I said, "It feels like Christmas was a week or two ago!"

I hate when it feels like time is running away on me, but this year is busy for us and I'm glad we aren't feeling stuck in the crazy. Instead it sorta feels like riding the insane waves of a jam-packed schedule.
It's been three weeks since I last posted about purging. That's because it's taken me three weeks to manage to get just these three things done. Hopefully I can get another post out in two weeks from now, but don't have any expectations for me!

3 Things That I've Purged:

1. Delilah's Toys (Round Two)
The last time I purged Delilah's toys was before Christmas. Looking back, I should have waited until after the present madness and then gotten rid of ALL THE THINGS. But this way I've had some time to figure out what is actually useful to keep around and what can passed on to another kiddo to enjoy. I hope to get a toy rotation started at some point in the next year (setting attainable goals here 😛) but for now we're just downsizing.
What All Went: Stuffed animals, some balls, a few toys that aren't part of a set, toys that she doesn't play with much.

2. Kitchen Corner Cupboard
Corner cupboards are the best and worst thing. The best because you can cram so much of whatever into the deep corners, but the worst because when you need whatever is the back you have to pull everything else out to access what you want. Heading into this task I thought the cupboard just needed a good cleaning and re-organizing, but little did I know that there was plenty in there to let go!
What All Went: A whole lot of expired food, food we won't be using, expired vitamins, lots of empty medicine boxes, travel mugs, water bottles,

3. Hangers
As I've mentioned before, we don't have a whole ton of clothes, but somehow our hanger to clothing ratio appears to be coming like 4:1. I discovered a whole box in storage that just had hangers in it!
What All Went: Every single last hanger that came with clothes Delilah was gifted when she was born, all our wire hangers, and most of our coloured, mismatching, hangers.


Comments