Thurston Loop

Remember a how our bimmer broke down two days before we moved? We ended up borrowing my parents car for a few weeks until we could find something to buy. We toyed with the idea of financing something from a dealership, or buying something newish off Craigslist. But in the end we decided to shop within our means. So I gave Will a budget and a criteria list, and he found us a 4runner. It doesn't quite check all my boxes, but Will's been slowly working away at it, so there's potential. 

I've always joked that Will made a big mistake by buying me a BMW because now my standards are very high. This truck is in no way close to a bimmer. It's ghastly. It's a beast. And I'm a little embarrassed to admit that it's growing on me. It's so easy to back up and has a massive trunk. Two things that are important to me. 😊

And another perk is that we're able to take it 4x4ing! Which we did on Saturday with some friends! 

We did the Thurston Loop which is near Bridal Falls/Chiliwack Lake Road/Mt Cheam area. 

We had some cranky kids for the first bit so I got upgraded to second row seats

It was an earlyish start for us that morning- 7:30 - and Delilah didn't have time to finish eating her oatmeal before we left, so she finished that while we drove. 

Little William wasn't too sure about all the bouncing and shaking at the start, but once he got used to it he actually slept for most of the ride. 

View over Chilliwack hazed with forest fire smoke

Little William went straight for eating the grass at our first stop. 😆 What a guy! 

This is where we stopped for lunch, and you can see on the left third the trail that we came down.

I wasn't able to zoom in close enough, and it was even hard to see in person, but there were several paragliders all coming over those far mountains and into the valley here. 



We had our windows open and both Will and I were continually getting smacked with passing branches. At one point we had to stop for some dirt bikers to pass and this branch joined me in the truck.

All of the fall colours were absolutely beautiful!


It has a foggy feel to it, but there is actually smoke resting the valleys between the mountains








Little William was sleeping when we stopped here, or else he woulda been included in this family selfie

We could just see Mt Baker though the smoke


We had such a wonderful and fun time doing this trip and look forward to the ones to come! 

Comments