WWW: Walking, Ducks, and More Celery Updates

 

Wednesday:
After Bible study on Wednesday morning Uncle Ben helped me lead Delilah through the parking lot and to our vehicle. 
What a handy guy to have around! 

Thursday:
Delilah likes to flip through her Bible story book all throughout the day. 
And I love watching her do so! 

Off we go on a morning walk!

See seems to old to me now 😢

My celery adventure after 31 days of sitting in a bowl of water on our windowsill. 
Google said to plant after 10 days of being in the water, but this project got away on me... 

It had one really long root, and several shorter ones. 

Upgraded from a margarine container to a yogurt one 🤣

Friday:
While I was cleaning up the kitchen on Friday morning Delilah was going through the diaper bag and put on Little William's toque and my mask

What a ham! 

Dee found this pinecone and was very concerned by how wet it was. She came up with the plan to carry it all the way home and get a towel to dry it. Thankfully by the time we got back home we had 'lost' the pinecone and it didn't cross her mind again. 

This was so cute. Delilah noticed that my ponytail was under my back while I was lying on the floor so she came over to pull it out from under me. Then she tried to straighten it out with her fingers. Then I heard, "Lilah brush hair, kay Mom" and she scurried off to the bathroom. I heard her going through the drawer and cupboards. She came back with the baby hairbrush and the spray bottle of water that I use to wet her hair when I do it. She tried shaking water out onto my hair - unsuccessful, but so adorable - and then brushed it with the little brush. 
I'll have to admit I lay there for much longer than I was supposed to! 

Saturday:
As Little William napped on Saturday morning Delilah and I got creative with some Playdoh

I was quite proud of this little piggy

We have lost more cups, bowls, plates, and containers in the last three months living here than I could ever keep count of. It's the biggest downside to having tile everywhere...

Poor Will was up just before 5am and then gone all day and the second he came home both kids wanted full, undivided attention from him. It's so cute to see them want to love on him, but he just needed to sit for a minute. 

Will had been gone hunting and brought home duck for us to have for dinner that night! 
It was different seeing bullet holes in our food... 

It was a first for all of us to eat duck and Will and I were both surprised to find it is red meat and as a similar consistency to a beef roast. 

Sunday:
Front row seats were popular in our house for church on Sunday morning. 
And yes, Little William is still eating breakfast and does not have pants on... Some mornings are hard, okay? 😛

We went for a walk in the afternoon and bundled the kids up nice and warm since it was so cold out. Dee was so proud to be wearing her 'warm pants' and looked adorable. 

Just in front of our house we came across an owl which had been hit by a car. Will knows someone who has a hobby of hunting and taxidermizing all sorts of animals, so he texted this guy and he came over in a matter of minutes to collect this barred owl. 

Monday:
Little William caught me by surprise by moving the coffee table all the way into the kitchen! 
Of course as soon as I took my phone out to capture it Delilah needed to get involved. 😝

Now in soil the original stalk of celery has begun decomposing. I'm starting to think I should have buried it deeper in the dirt. We'll see how this goes over and maybe next time I'll do it differently. 

SOMEONE had a total meltdown as I was trying to take photos for Little William's 8 month update. 
As wonderful as Delilah really is, we are definitely in the throws of the terrible twos 🙄


While cleaning up our entrance way storage I came across a box of Christmas lights. Delilah was very intrigued by them and wanted to take them out right then and there. I told her she had to wait until Dad got home from work. So as soon Will came through the door she brought him the box and they got to play with them and later put them up outside together. 



Tuesday:
We brought the babywalker up from our storage room on Monday night and seeing Little William toddle around with it made me tear up. He is Just. So. Proud. to be pushing it around. His jerky and unsteady steps are just the cutest thing. 
Aagh! My baby!

Comments