Three Things We Forgot to Bring Camping

Shuswap 2018 was Will and my first time camping solo. We've been camping together as we've gone with my family twice and last year we went with his (see here, here, and here), but this was our first time getting a separate campsite.
Good thing my fam was just a couple sites down the road though! Despite my lovely checklists we managed to forget a few things and were graciously able to borrow what we needed.


Three Things we Forgot to Bring Camping:

1. A Can Opener
Slightly an issue when we had chili on the menu. Cans of tomatoes and beans, all sitting pathetically on the picnic table while I rummaged through all the utensils looking for the can opener. It worked out alright though since we grabbed my family's after they had finished their own meal.

2. Cups!
I'm honestly not sure how we managed to forget these... We've even got a separate set up camping cups that we store in the same cupboard a the camping blows, plates, and cutlery (all which we did bring).

3. Cheese Slicer
Again, something so small, but when you need sliced cheese and have no cheese slicer it makes for a big deal. Thankfully we snatched Mom and Dad's to use when we need it.

Comments