Top 10 of 2018

Apart from the year I was born, I'd have to say that 2018 was by far the most life-changing year of my life. It was my first whole year moved out and living with Will. Married. Being a wife. And now a mom! Soooo much happened!
Now, here we are two-handfuls-and-a-bit days into 2019!
Considering I've done highlight posts for both 2016 and 2017, I figure it's only fair for 2018 that I compile a list of notable things that happened during this year too.

As per usual, these are in chronological order, because trying to rank them would just be unfair.

1. Got Pregnant!
February 23rd we went out for dinner with some friends and although he offered me a drink, I whispered to Will that I better not because I wasn't sure if I was or wasn't pregnant. On March 8th we went to IHOP for dinner, one of our favourite spots, but I had no appetite for anything on the menu. Will made me pick up a pregnancy test on our way home. 😛 The following weeks were exhausting, physically and emotionally. But it was all worth it and now here we are! (see #8)



We didn't do much during March and April because I was going to bed around 8:00pm and doing my best to hide away while battling morning sickness.

2. Fostered Baby Geese!
In the beginning of May I came home from work to find Will waiting for me on the porch with what we thought were ducklings. After caring for them for a few days we discovered they were actually goslings! The same day of our discovery we found a nearby goose family and released our babies to join their new family.



3. Became Janitors!
Along with abandoned animals, we also picked up a part-time job this year. I've always enjoyed cleaning as it's such satisfying work. Church janitorial is something that's been in the back of my mind for a few years (a weird dream job, I know) so I jumped on this opportunity.

4. May Long
At three months pregnant Will and I got thrown in the deep end of parenting when we babysat five of my siblings for 3 days. It was a busy, tiring, but fun weekend and we're looking forward to doing it again this year - this time with an 'exterior' baby. 😝

5. Shuswap
We've done road trips together and we've camped together, but we hadn't camped before ALL. BY OURSELVES. Scary stuff. All in all it went really well. Thankfully my parents were just down the road from us and there were some stores close by because we did forget a few things and our air mattress got a hole on the second or third night... It was so nice to get a break away from work and enjoy a slower pace of life.

6. Will got promoted!
Speaking of work, August kindly brought about a promotion at work for Will!  He hadn't even been working here for a year when he went from being a welder/labourer to being manager of the aluminum shop. I'm so proud of him. 😍

7. Got a Kitten
A few times over the summer Will and I pet-sit for his boss whose barn cat had just had a litter of kittens. They were adorable and so cuddly. After a bit of convincing I agreed that we'd get one once I was done work. So on Sept 26 we brought Chloe into our home. She's a wriggly ball of fun who ensures we don't have many dull moments around the house.



8. Had a Baby!
Just in case I hadn't mentioned this enough, the #1 top highlight of 2018 was welcoming Delilah into our lives! I'll leave it at that as to not sound like a broken record. 😛

9. First Year Anniversary!
December brought around our first anniversary! To think that a whole year has gone by seems crazy, but here we are. I am grateful and blessed a million times over to have had Will next to me in everything 2018 had in store for us. Our relationship has taught both of us so much and I am truly excited to discover what each upcoming year has in store for us.

10. Christmas
This was Delilah's first Christmas (she slept most of the time), and mine and Will's first normal Christmas while married as last year we were inbetween honeymoon destinations. We ended 2018 with many, many Christmas dinners. One might even argue that it was too many dinners. We are certainly blessed to live near so much family.



Comments

Post a Comment